OS FEC Trains 202 & 101 SAT. August 17, 2013

I had planned yesterday that today I would head up to Roseland to see FEC202-17 & FEC101-17. I stuck with that plan and headed north when FEC202-17 crossed Rio North and FEC101-17 was at City Point. That way, I would have a bundle of time before any train comes. Look at ATCS on my phone, I notice that the dispatcher has FEC202-17 taking the main at Micco with FEC101-17 entering the hole. Perfect time on the perfect day for a meet. Swung by the block signal behind WalMart to see a green over red as I bike up to Roseland Road to see this awesome train. The bells ring as 100, 105 & 413 leads this heavy and long train. Gondolas, rock hoppers and cement hoppers on top with plenty of deadloads following behind as autoracks are seen on the bottom. EoT at 6:55PM. I knew that it would take absolutely no time for FEC202-17 to cross the south end of Micco and FEC101-17 would be pulling out as soon as the switch is aligned for him. I head to a dock where I can get a very good shot of this train as I hear the horn being blown at Holly Street as the smoke is seen coming from the hard working locomotives and I don't even see them.( Caboose Mikey has filmed here before for afternoon catches ). Fascinating to see these two units work hard to get back up to speed, 107 & CITX141 are their numbers as they head south with a heavy train of IM, flats and wells. EoT at 7:06PM.


FEC202-17

 Nope. Not LED. All incandesent :)











































 FEC101-17














































Comments

Popular Posts