OS FEC Trains 202 & 101 SAT. August 10, 2013

Guessing the meet with these two trains was going to be in Palm Bay and the meet guess was once again correct. I shoot down Old Dixie Highway to join Caboose Mikey for FEC202-10 as Mark waves white from the 101, CITX140 & the 717. Rock and sand hoppers on top with no IM as autoracks and deadloads are seen on the bottom. An 8 axle depressed flat car is seen and has been the talk among the railfans who seen this train further south. EoT at 6:05PM. I head up to WalMart to grab something real quick and I realize that I not only have a vast amount of time before FEC101-10 comes but I'm at the halfway point to Roseland. So, I head up to the Roseland Trestle to try and get a good shot of this train as he just crossed Palm Bay South. Getting permission from a sweet lady who lives literally next to the tracks, St. Sebastian River and trestle, she allowed me to film this 13,600 foot beast in her backyard and she loved the fact that I was a railfan. The power of FEC101-10 looks way too beautiful coming across this 1,200 foot structure as toots are given from the 102, 104 & 427. They knew it was me, because the yellow safety vest pretty much gave it away lol. Nothing but wells, flats and IM is seen crossing the mighty St. Sebastian River as they come from Brevard to Indian River County in 4 minutes. EoT at 7:06PM


FEC202-10





















 Check this heavy duty depressed well car. Looks like it carries large transformers.






FEC101-10





























































Comments

Popular Posts